Superbowl Sunday is imminent. In fact, it’s tomorrow.
Words cannot express how excited I am about this!
Just kidding, I honestly don’t know who is even playing tomorrow because 1) I never watch football. The only way I am even remotely interested in football is if the Cowboys are playing. And then, that usually makes me want to watch John Wayne in The Cowboys so I end up not watching football anyways. My relationship with football is a nasty one. I definitely don’t give it the attention it deserves. But I’m not sorry. It’s never treated me kind either. Except for that one time in 5th grade when it introduced me to the Jr. High quarterback. He was cool. I wasn’t. The End.
What I am excited about though, is Superbowl Food.
“Ahhhhhhhh” Angels sing when they think about the 7 layer dips, the mini-meatloaf muffins, the homemade pizzas, and the Cherry Cobblers that are eaten on Superbowl Sunday.
Wait, you mean to tell me that y’all don’t eat Mini-Meatloaf Muffins on Superbowl Sunday? Ok maybe that is just my family. But, I don’t care what you say, Mama to Scout can make a mean meatloaf muffin and I don’t care who knows it!
While you may not appreciate my Superbowl Sunday menu items I know that you will appreciate P-Dubs food choices. So take a gander here at The Pioneer Womans Superbowl foods. And you can thank me 10 pounds from now.
But….If on a whim you feel the need to make a Sweet T original I have a recipe for a Mean Superbowl Sunday pizza that’ll change your life, for the better of course.
Sweet T & Her Lovely Sister’s Superbowl Sunday Original Pizza Recipe (say that 5 times fast)
(It is mine and my Lovely Sister’s recipe because we always made it, never fail, when my Parent’s would go out on dates and we were left to fend for ourselves. Amen.)
- Crescent Rolls…From a Can! (Don’t laugh)
- Pizza Sauce or Marinara Sauce or Olive Oil
- Bell Peppers (The little green kind preferably)
- Hamburger Meat
- Spinach (If you want to be healthy)
- Cheese…of any kind.
- More Cheese
- Lemon Pepper
- Turn the oven on to 350.
- Cook your hamburger meat…Add lots of salt. Amen.
- Roll out your Crescent rolls on to a baking sheet.
- Pour your sauce (Marinara, Pizza, or olive Oil) onto the dough. We use olive if no meat is involved. It makes it a light, healthy, fresh pizza. And Sweet T likes that.
- Add your toppings! The more the merrier. The more variety the merrier too.
- Pop it in the oven until you think it is done. For the Townsend girls that is um, about 5 minutes…We like our crust very, very doughy.
- Oh, and drink it with a Dr. Pepper. Amen. (I’ve been saying “Amen” a lot lately too…Amen.)
So, as you can tell this Pizza recipe is kind of a joke. But please don’t underestimate how incredibly tasty and easy it is to make. It is always a crowd pleaser. Even though the “crowd” I am referring to consist of My Lovely Sister & the Brahman Breeder.
Eat, drink, & Be merry my friends.